At Peartree, we take pride in the number of opportunities our pupils have to develop their physical literacy and physical confidence. Through a broad and balanced curriculum, a wealth of sports clubs, opportunities to compete at inter/intra-school competitions, as well as active lunchtimes, we aim to promote a lifelong love of physical activity and healthy living.
The Sports Premium Grant (SPG) is government funding to provide additional and sustainable improvements to the provision of PE and sport, for the benefit of all primary-aged pupils, to encourage the development of healthy, active lifestyles.
At Peartree, we use the funding to ensure we improving the following areas:
- Increasing all staff’s confidence, knowledge and skills in teaching PE and sport
- Increasing engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity and sport
- Raising the profile of PE and sport across the school, to support whole school improvement
- Offering a broader and more equal experience of a range of sports and physical activities to all pupils
- Increasing participation in competitive sport
The implementation of this funding has led to Peartree achieving the Gold School Games Mark for 2022-2023.